Reducing Imbalance Risks
Through Precision Weather Forecasting
Whiffle makes renewable energy production more predictable. With our unique and highly accurate forecasts we help you:
- Predicting energy production
- Minimizing uncertainty
- Lowering costs
- Maximizing profits
How does it work?
Whiffle works with an ultra-high resolution atmospheric model, based on the Large Eddy Simulation (LES). This model is so precise that it can:
- Forecast weather on a scale as small as 10 by 10 meters
- Predict weather and flow phenomena on turbine level
- Create reliable short-term forecasts of weather and power production
- Simulate long timeseries of any meteorological variable on asset level
How does it support you?
Whiffle’s innovative weather model makes wind energy production more profitable. Our accurate meteo and power production forecasts support renewable energy producers to:
- Match supply and demand
- Reduce imbalance costs
Whiffle’s ultra-high resolution atmospheric modelling capabilities are of direct value to energy traders, utilities, TSOs, DSOs, operators and owners in the wind energy value chain. Value is also offered by delivering our services through forecast providers.
You want to reduce imbalance costs too? Contact us for a free introduction to our innovative weather model.